The Covid outbreak has spread throughout our world. We need staying safe biking during Covid, the body’s immunity must be maintained by eating nutritious foods and getting enough exercise.
Biking during covid pandemic is a sport that can be a good choice for us to be active. Biking can also be our alternative transportation to work, that we can easily maintain a safe social distance.
Tips for Staying Safe Biking During COVID
Here are tips for biking safely in the era of the Covid pandemic:
Preparation before Biking :
- Check your bicycle before biking. Quickly Check Tire Air, Brakes, Wheels, and Chains. Make sure the tires have sufficient air, the brakes are functioning properly, the pedals and gears are clean and functioning properly
- Keep the bicycle clean, especially the parts that come in contact with hands.
- Clean yourself and wash your hands with soap.
- Avoid droplets by wearing long-sleeved clothing, gloves, masks, goggles, headgear.
- Choose a mask made of cloth that is not too tight and can interfere with breathing.
- Bring a hand sanitizer and a small towel.
- Bring a closed drinking bottle and own cutlery.
- Using a helmet and shoes.
- Pay attention to the calls of the government and regions that are safe from Covid
Source image: amazon.com
- Choose a route that has more open space, it will make you easier to keep your distance. Avoid road routes that are too busy, Don’t hesitate to try to choose a new route to get a new experience
- Prioritize doing cycling alone. If it’s a group, organize into small groups of 2–5 people.
- Choose a path that is free from the crowds and the Covid red zone.
- Maintain a left-right distance between cyclists and other vehicles at least 2 meters.
- Keep the front-back distance between the riders at least 4 meters. The higher the cycling speed, the farther the distance must be (> 20 meters).
- Keep an alert distance from other vehicle drivers.
- Always obey traffic signs when cycling.
- Ride your bike, enjoy your ride with ease
Rest During Biking
- Wash hands with soap or a hand sanitizer.
- Clean hands and face with a tissue or small towel.
- Keep doing physical distancing.
- Always use a mask, except when drinking or eating.
- Do not share personal provisions with other people (drinking bottles, food, etc.)
- Get enough rest, it doesn’t take too long.
When Get Home after Biking
- Before entering the house, remove all equipment used.
- Avoid physical contact with residents and touching furniture.
- Spray helmets, shoes, and goggles with disinfectant.
- Immediately take off clothes, socks, gloves, masks, and headgear, then wash with detergent.
- Immediately wash your self with a shower and shampoo.
Rest and recover lost fluids from the body.
Remember: Keep your distance, ride slowly, biking will keep you active, feel comfortable and keep your body healthy