For good health, you need exercise. Regular physical exercise can help you prevent serious diseases such as obesity, heart disease, cancer, mental illness, diabetes, and arthritis. Cycling regularly is one of the best ways to reduce health problems caused by sedentary sitting.
Source Image : shutterstock.com
Get healthy and fit by bicycle
Cycling is a healthy, low-impact sport that people of all ages (from young children to the elderly) can enjoy, It is also fun, good for the environment and low cost also. Cycling to work or shopping is one of the most time-saving ways to combine regular exercise with daily activities. It is estimated that one billion people ride bicycles every day-for transportation, entertainment, and sports.
It only takes two to four hours a week to fully improve your health. Cycling is Less impact-Compared with most other forms of exercise, it reduces strain. Good muscle training-When pedaling, riding a bicycle uses all major muscle groups. Easy-Unlike other sports, cycling does not require high levels of physical skills. Most people know how to ride a bicycle, and once you learn, you will not forget it. Good for strength and endurance riding, increase endurance, strength, and aerobic fitness.
It only takes two to four hours a week to fully improve your health. Cycling is:
- Less impact-Compared with most other forms of exercise, it reduces strain.
- Good muscle training-When pedaling, riding a bicycle uses all major muscle groups.
- Easy-Unlike other sports, cycling does not require high levels of physical skills. Most people know how to ride a bicycle, and once you learn, you will not forget it.
- Good for strength and endurance riding, increase endurance, strength, and aerobic fitness.
- A fun way to work out-the adventure and buzz of hillside sliding and outdoor activities mean that you are more likely to ride a bike on a regular basis than other sports activities that are often indoors or require a special time or place
- You can do intense exercise according to your own wishes-if you recover from injury or illness, you can start riding at a very low intensity, but you can do harsh physical exercises.
- Time-saving-as a mode of transportation, riding a bicycle replaces sedentary (sitting) time to drive a car or a tram, train, or bus for healthy exercise.
Health benefits of cycling regularly
Cycling is mainly aerobic exercise, which means that your heart, blood vessels, and lungs can all be exercised. You will breathe deeper, sweat, and experience increased body temperature, which will improve your overall health.
Source Image : trekbikes.com
The health benefits of regular cycling include:
- Increase cardiovascular health
- Enhance muscle strength and flexibility
- Improve joint mobility
- Reduce stress levels
- Improve posture and coordination
- Strengthen bones
- Decreased body fat levels
- Prevent or control disease
- Reduce anxiety and depression.
Cycling and specific health problems
Cycling can improve physical and mental health and reduce the chance of encountering many health problems.
Cycling is a great way to control or lose weight because it can increase your metabolic rate, build muscle, and burn body fat. If you want to lose weight, you must combine cycling with a healthy diet plan. Cycling is a comfortable way to exercise, you can change the time and intensity-you can build it up slowly to suit different situations.
Source Image : 123rf.com
Studies have shown that you should burn at least 8,400 kilo joules (about 2,000 calories) through exercise every week. A stable bicycle can burn about 1,200 kilo joules (about 300 calories) per hour.
If you ride your bicycle twice a day, you will burn out kilo joules very quickly. British research shows that cycling for half an hour a day will burn nearly five kilograms of fat a year
Cardiovascular diseases include high blood pressure, , and heart attack. Cycling regularly can stimulate and improve your heart, lungs, and blood circulation, thereby reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Cycling can strengthen your heart muscles, lower your resting pulse, and lower blood lipid levels. Research also shows that people who ride bicycles to work are two to three times less likely to be polluted than commuters, so their lung function has improved. A Danish study conducted a 14-year study of 30,000 people between 20 and 93 years old and found that regular cycling can protect people from heart disease.
Many researchers have studied the relationship between exercise and cancer (especially colon cancer and breast cancer). Research shows that if you ride a bicycle, your chances of bowel cancer will decrease. Some evidence suggests that regular cycling can reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Diabetes and cycling
Cycling for Exercise
The incidence of type 2 diabetes is rising and it is a serious public health problem. People think that a lack of physical exercise is the main reason people develop this situation. A large-scale study in Finland found that people who bike for more than 30 minutes a day have a 40% lower risk of diabetes.
Cycling can improve strength, balance, and coordination. It may also help prevent falls and fractures. If you have osteoarthritis, cycling is an ideal way of exercise because it is a sport with little impact and puts little pressure on the joints.
Cycling does not particularly help osteoporosis (skeletonosis) because it is not a weight-bearing exercise.
Mental illness and cycling
Cycling regularly can reduce mental health conditions such as depression, stress, and anxiety. This is due to the effect of the exercise itself and the fun that can be brought by cycling
Source Image : gettyimages.com
Manual bicycles are similar to recumbent tricycles, but they are driven by hands instead of pedals. If necessary, use Velcro straps to secure your hands to the pedals.
Hand cycling and health
This type of tricycle allows amputees, people who have suffered spinal injuries, and people who have recovered from certain conditions (such as ) to cycle through exercise and entertainment. The benefits of cardiovascular and aerobic exercise for cyclists are similar to those of other cyclists.
Things to remember
- Cycling can help you prevent serious diseases such as heart disease, , diabetes, certain cancers, depression, arthritis, and obesity
- Cycling is a healthy, low-impact sport for people of all ages and fun sport.
- Cycling to workplaces, schools, parks, or shops cycling can easily become your daily job.
- Tips If you interesting to buy bicycle, check all type or model bicycle first, you can do by surf online. Try to search information online like on leisurelakesbikes.com or e-bikes4you.com .